Tomorrow is the big day - Noah's MRI is scheduled for 7am, and we were told to arrive at 6am. Based on past experience, the actual scheduled time for the scan means nothing; we hope Noah doesn't have to wait for hours without eating or drinking as he has in the past.
We've had a good day: Noah had his port accessed in clinic today for general anesthesia in the morning, then we did some shopping and had a nice dinner. Even after a relaxing evening, I'm still really stressed and nervous about the scan. This is a really big deal, with one of three outcomes. 1. Noah has no residual tumor, the chemo has been effective and he will be declared in remission. 2. The spot that was found on his last MRI is still present and large enough to warrant more chemo treatments. 3. The spot that was found on his last MRI is present and growing, large enough to warrant another surgery and chemo treatments. Of course we are praying in faith that Noah is cancer free. Depending on the scan, Noah's neuro-oncologist and possibly his neuro-surgeon will read it to decide what our next step will be.
After Noah's scan we will go back to the oncology clinic and wait for the results. I cannot promise that I will report through a blog tomorrow, but I will do my best. If anything I will report through Facebook since I can do that through my phone. I want to say thank you to all who are praying, and to Julie for organizing the prayer vigil at our church. I've already got some encouraging emails about those who have had special experiences in prayer for Noah. No matter what comes of this test, we will still continue to trust in the Lord to bring glory to Himself through this circumstance. Pray with us that this season of our son's suffering is about to come to a close. Love to you all.
These posts are written by Noah's parents Jessica & John David Crowe. The default author is Jess, and those written by John David will be noted.