Ready to go home
Noah woke this morning with a temperature of around 104, and he began vomiting shortly after. He slept most of the morning away. When his surgeon came by he decided Noah needed to stay and have blood and urine samples taken to test for any infection. After a dose of Zofran, Tylenol/Motrin and lots of rest he is feeling better caps afternoon. I can't predict how long this process of waiting on the results of the labs will take, but from past experience with him being neutropenic we would wait days to see if the cultures grew anything suspicious. Our sweet neighbor Xavian (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/xavianbecketthall) and his parents have been waiting for infection to clear for weeks, so I have no room to complain about 6 days! I am doing my best to be flexible and patient, knowing that medically this is the best place for him to be right now, although emotionally it's stressful for him to know he has a new home, a new room and backyard waiting for him to enjoy. We will continue to pray for infection to stay away and fever and vomiting to not return again. Thanks for joining us in our wait for healing!
"Wait on the Lord; be strong, take heart, and wait on God" (Psalm 27:14).
Comments are closed.
These posts are written by Noah's parents Jessica & John David Crowe. The default author is Jess, and those written by John David will be noted.