We arrived at Children's at 815am, Noah had his MRI at 1215pm and hit the recovery room around 1. Now we are in our room on 4 Tower and will start chemo in about an hour.
Noah took a little longer to wake up after the procedure this time, and he is still a little drowsy in the above picture. He is eating well right now and we hope that will continue through the treatment.
MRI results (sort of): Noah's neuro-oncologist and neurosurgeon were both out of town today, so we couldn't get an "official" reading. The nurse practitioner showed us the image, and she agreed with the radiologist that there is a place of concern. There appears to be a "spot" or "enhancement" that was very very small on Dec. 30 (his last MRI) and has grown a noticeable amount. They don't know what it is - could be scar tissue, could be edema, could be tumor - so we're waiting for one of his doctors to take a look at it. It is definitely something we have to watch. Right now all we know is that if it continues to grow, it will more than likely be residual tumor and have to be removed. It's located on the edge of the brain next to the space that remains from the tumor. Hopefully this is something harmless, and if not then the remaining chemo treatments will take care of it.
We will keep updating over the next few days while we are at CHS. Thank you for your continued prayers!
These posts are written by Noah's parents Jessica & John David Crowe. The default author is Jess, and those written by John David will be noted.