Noah began to develop what looked like a rash yesterday; I noticed it around lunch time and called his nurse. Overnight the rash spread all over his body and became increasingly worse. We were able to meet with his doctor and nurse this morning, and they immedietly decided it was an allergic reaction to the drug he was taking. Needless to say, he is not going to be taking the drug anymore and will be removed from the study. He is taking steroids that will hopefully get rid of the "rash" that is covering his body and making him pretty uncomfortable (he is itching and when he scratches the bumps they open up and begin to look like "whelps"). They have yet to see this response to the drug, and this would not be considered a side effect since it is an allergic reaction. We are just glad it didn't affect his breathing, and the Dr. was able to see him in time.
So - now we are back to square one. One option down, three to go...we are hopefully meeting with his surgeon sometime soon to get his opinion on a third surgery. We have not wanted to go this route, since after each surgery the tumor has continued to grow. There are so many risks with brain surgery, and we don't feel comfortable allowing Noah to go through it once more if the tumor is going to come back again in 3 months (which it did after the last surgery). But we want his surgeon's opinion before we close the door on it. Chemotheraphy is out of the question - too many side affects with very little, if any affect on the growth. Maximum dose of radiation has been given already. Doing nothing - well, it's just not even an option for us right now if we can help it. So we are still praying for guidance, wisdom, discernment, and most of all healing. Please join us as we pray, and ask others to pray with us...please.
These posts are written by Noah's parents Jessica & John David Crowe. The default author is Jess, and those written by John David will be noted.