Got a call from neurosurgery nurse today, and the scan showed the tumor has grown ½ cm, which is a definite cause for concern. Dr. W. wants to move the surgery to Jan. 3rd (which is the day he returns home from traveling out of town). If we see any symptoms present in Noah, or notice any change in his abilities, we will take him in for an emergency surgery….which we definitely don’t want. All of the other neurosurgeons are booked for next week, so an emergency surgery for Noah would mean that he would be worked in around other planned surgeries, with a surgeon that has never operated on him before. I have total confidence in all of Dr. W.’s colleagues, but I do find comfort in the fact the Dr. W. has operated on Noah twice before with amazing outcomes, and I would so prefer that he do this third surgery as well.
John David has had a youth trip planned for months; he leaves December 29th and returns the 31st. We have decided that he will go on this trip in a separate vehicle, just in case anything develops while he is in Gatlinburg, TN…but we are trusting that God will keep Noah stable until January 3rd. We have secured a new place to rent, and were planning to move the first week of January if all works out with the real estate group and the owner of the home (we wanted to get settled in at the new home before his surgery on January 10th) so now we have a new challenge there and will have to move after Noah’s surgery.
Prayer requests: Pray that Noah will not develop any symptoms or have any change in his abilities (walking, talking, clumsiness, vision, etc.). Pray that John David and his senior high youth group will have an amazing, spirit filled, life changing trip to the conference in Gatlinburg, and that John will not have to return home before it is over. It’s important to us that he spends that time with these awesome young people, and is there to help guide them and pray with them, etc. (That means REALLY pray for the first request - that Noah will be stable until Jan. 3rd!!!) Pray that Dr. W. and his family have a wonderful, restful trip; he, along with so many other physicians, sacrifices so much to take care of sick children and I ask God to give him amazing quality time with his family, and especially his own children. Also, pray for our new rental home, that the logistics will all work out with that and we can make a comfortable home for Noah as he recovers from the procedure.
I have more requests regarding surgery, but I will post those later as I have to make this short. I just wanted everyone to know what we are facing now. I’m very shaken by this news, even though I have known the reality of what Noah is facing….it hurts so much to hear that he could possibly not make it 2 ½ weeks. We are still believing for a miracle. Thank you for loving my son! We love and appreciate all of you that read these updates and pray. God bless you all and have a wonderful, merry Christmas. Make it the best one yet, and show your children how much you love them, no matter how old they may be. Love you all!
These posts are written by Noah's parents Jessica & John David Crowe. The default author is Jess, and those written by John David will be noted.